The travelling photographic exhibition We Have A Dream
…consists of 114 portraits of some of the world’s most influential people together with young people and everyday heroes. Each portrait is accompanied by quotes and extracts from the interviews that can be read in the book We Have a Dream. A specially composed audio design is created for the exhibition with authentic quotes from interviews with the participants.
We Have a Dream is not about saints or superheroes; it’s not about infallible individuals. The only difference between these people and the rest of us is that they left their comfort zones and went out and acted for change. More than 100 activists, Nobel Peace Prize Laureates, artists, politicians, and writers have chosen to participate in We Have a Dream to help inspire others to realize their own dreams and visions. Here, many spokespeople for the younger generation such as Malala Yousafzai and Pussy Riot, rub shoulders with those more worldly-wise and experienced, including Nelson Mandela, Patti Smith, Ai Weiwei, Richard Branson, Annie Lennox, and the Dalai lama.
The portraits were taken by Albert Wiking, one of Sweden’s leading photographers. The interviews were conducted by Oscar Edlund, and journalist Daniel Rydén wrote the texts.
Henrik Lörstad has created the exhibition audio design.
Venues for We Have A Dream:
- Fotografiska, Stockholm: December 9, 2016 – February 19, 2017
- Lunds Konsthall, Lund: March 17, 2017 – May 7, 2017
- Västerbottens Museum, Umeå: May 22, 2017 – October 1, 2017
- Jönköpings Läns Museum, Jönköping: October 14, 2017 – January 14, 2018
- Värmlands Museum, Karlstad: February 17, 2018 – April 29, 2018
- Göteborgs Stadsmuseum, Gothenburg: May 12, 2018 – October 14, 2018
- Regionmuseet, Kristianstad: October 28, 2018 – February 24, 2019
- Västergötalands Museum, Skara: March 9 – June 9, 2019
- Malmö Live, Malmö: November 9, 2019 – January 12, 2020
- Landskrona Konsthall, Landskrona: January 25, 2020 – April 19, 2020
- Estrid Ericsonsalen, Kulturkvarteret, Hjo: June 17, 2020 – August 31, 2020 The outdoor exhibition will be on display in central Hjo: June 17, 2020 – October 31, 2020
El Hassan Bin Talal
Chimamanda Ngozie Adichie
Gloria Ray Karlmark
FW de Klerk
Lina Ben Mhenni
Manvendra Singh Gohil
Marta Vieria Da Silva
Mary Ellen Mark
Nawal El Saadawi
Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o
Shorna Shahida Akter
Vilma Núñez de Escorcia
Zineb El Rhazoui
We Have A Dream has been realized by the upport of: